Sunday, November 17, 2013

My awesome companion!!

October 7, 2013
My new comp Elder Rivera from Honduras. He has been in the field ten months. He is amazing! Emailing for the first time in the field!! I'm in the city and my and my area is Santa Lauisa! It is so crazy being out here. But i love it. My comp is Elder Rivera from Honduras. He does speak a little english and he wants to learn more so in the house we only speak english and outside is only spanish. It is alittle frustrating not knowing what is going on, but I know with time and if I keep working the lord will utilize me and help let me speak spanish. Working with the members is the greatest way. It is a mission goal that every night we have a member with us for lessons. It truly helps because the investigators can see what a member in there area does. The members here love to help out. It is alittle hard right now because the last missionaries that were in the area weren't  the best so me and my comp are trying to get the trust back. We have about 5 progressing investigators, but we need a lot more. 

Conference was awesome! I didn't think I was going to be able to focus and not think about not having alot of food, but I loved conference. I learned so much from every apostle and I got to listen to it in engish! I loved it. I don't remember who but someone said if you want more investigators you have to talk more. My comp and I set a goal for each day to find 2 new people to teach. I'm super excited for that!

The house I'm in is pretty nice for here. We are in a gated community with guards at each gate, so it safe in the gates. We have a fridge and a microwave and our shower works every other day. We fill a buck up and that's our water. It is so freakin cold!! There is a lady here who washes our clothes; Hermana Galan is so sweet. We pay here 120 qets which is not alot every 8 qets is 1 dollar. We pay her that once a month and we get it reimbursed. She is awesome.   

Well I love it here. It is very humbling to see the places people live and my comp is amazing. The scriptures say the strength comes after the trial of your faith. Love you!!

Elder Riley



No comments:

Post a Comment