Sunday, November 17, 2013

My last week in the MTC

 Sorry I'm a little behind!!
Sept. 25, 2013
      The power in the mtc was still on, but the other building where we go to email was out and so was some other buildings around us. My spanish has improved alot this last week. It has been very hard, but i know I will be blessed for my efforts. I am getting nervous for the field, but I  am so excited because I finally get to be a real missionary after being gone for a month.

      We learned this week about how to involve the ward  members and that is definitely something I want to do. Speaking of conference, I don't think I will be able to watch Saturday and not sure if I can get to watch Sunday in english, but I really am praying hard so that I can find strength as I am totally confused for my first month or two. I am going to miss the big breakfast and all the family, but I know that I am where I need to be at this time in my life and that I hear something that will touch my heart and be able to help me.

  I do have pictures of me and companions and people but we have to give the ccm our cameras because they get stolen so often, so when I get to the field next week I will send home a bunch.

   A little info.. I have stayed the same weight so far. still at 240 which is crazy cause I only get 3 meals a day. This last Sunday I got to pray in spanish in sacrament meeting it was super cool. I can say alot of what I  want when I pray.  Elder Ochea that was at our stake conference when it spilt came and spoke to us this last night. He talked alot about faith which i have found is huge. as long has we have faith that our heavenly father is aware of us we have nothing to fear. He wont let us fail. I found to awesome scriptures this week. D&C 15:6..Alma 29:9  I love these.

   I don't know what will happen if I get all wet. keep working i guess, that's what I'm here for. There was a elder who had been in the field for 3 months and he had to go home cause of stress and depression problems, but he said that he had rain water but to his knees one day. He isn't in my mission but it is crazy rain here. We also had a huge thunder. We were teaching and the hole building shuck from the boom that the thunder put off.

   Well that's all that has happened. I am super glad I  am here, but am very nervous for what is to come. I know that I  keep moving forward and keep trying to stay positive the lord will bless me and give me guia(guidance). I am excited for the chance to go help people find happiness and come unto Christ.  I know this church is true and that Pres. Monson is a prophet of god. The temple here is awesome. Super small but I feel the spirit so strong and is a good reminder of how I need to live to receive those blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment